Tuesday, March 17, 2015

oops... An error has occurred while trying to download voice message. Please try again.


Symptoms:
Every couple of minutes or so I got this message on my Android phone:
"oops... An error has occurred while trying to download voice message. Please try again."
I cleared all the browsers and app cache I could find but this message still pops up and blocks me from whatever I’m doing. I noticed that it happens only when I’m connected to internet through Wi-Fi.


Resolution:
The problem is Viber, as I faced a similar problem on Samsung S3 and higher, HTC Desire and Sony Xperia Z1 and higher. It seems that most of people recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Viber, while all you need to do is to open Viber, then tap on More, where there will be a menu under your Viber name. Tap on Settings with a gear sign next to it, then tap on Calls & Messages. There is an option Clear Message History. Tap on that and Confirm to Clear.

This way you clear all the history including that Voice message without losing your App!

Read Before Taking Action!
** If you are concerned about the data in message history, you can "Email Message History" in zip format before losing it. This option is also available under "Calls & Messages" **

I hope this helps out.

3 comments:

  1. There is a better way that is more specific to the voice messages only.

    In Settings>Media> Turn on Delete old voice messages.

    Or just hit "Delete voice messages" there which will leave all other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why to see an error has occurred while downloading the voice message on samsung j2

    ReplyDelete

Social Media

Twitter - Dejan Zdraveski LinkedIn Dejan Zdraveski Pinterest - Dejan Zdraveski Instagram - Dejan Zdraveski Google+ DejanZdraveski YouTube - Dejan Zdraveski

Categories

Popular Posts

My Blog Visitors Counter

Flag Counter

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.